Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cut Out Shirts

I saw a shirt on Urban Outfitters with a skull shape cut out on the back, and I really wanted, but didn't feel like spending $40 on something I could probably do myself. Here's what i came up with.


(This is UO's)




Materials:
shirt (the material of the shirt can make it harder or easier to cut, cotton=hard; modal=easy)
box cutter (or scissors)
pencil (optional)
cardboard (optional)

Instructions:

First, lay the shirt down flat, and insert a piece of cardboard inside to prevent cutting through to the other side of the shirt.



Use the pencil and mark out what it is you want to cut. (For the skull shirt, or for a less structured design, just start cutting and do not mark where you will cut.  Sometimes random, less neat designs looks best.)


Grab your box cutter and start cutting away the holes



That's it!

(this is the back of the shirt, it was just hard taking a picture of my back so I put the shirt on backwards)

Cool idea for all those old family reunion shirts you have in the back of your closet.


Adrienne J

No comments:

Post a Comment